1. I’m so ready for winter to be over. It would be one thing if I could just stay inside all day and not go anywhere, but no…I have to go outside and walk 15 min to class in the bitter 12 degree weather with wind chill of who knows what. How much longer until it’s warm?
2. I received a $200 credit for the school bookstore as compensation for participating in an app testing program last semester. I was responsible and bought some things that I need, like my cap and gown, and some books, but I’m an art student so my books don’t really add up to much. Now I have about half of it left, and I’m trying to decide what to get. School apparel is too expensive and I don’t wear those kinds of clothes often enough for it to be worth it. I’ve decided to look at their gift cards because they have Sephora and iTunes gift cards, and those are things I can always find a use for!
3. Speaking of my cap and gown….I bought my cap and gown! It’s getting so close, I can’t even comprehend it. The closer I get, the more surreal it seems. I’m doing a senior show, I know I’m graduating but my brain can’t seem to process it happening in four months.
4. This Saturday is the four-months-to-go mark for the wedding! So much to do, so little time! We’ll make it, but the time is going to fly.
5. I agreed to a regular shift at the learning center on campus, so I’ll have a few hours a week to work, but I’m still looking for something else with a few more hours needed. Gotta be bringing in some money somehow!
6. I’ve started looking for a full time after college job. My plan is to work as a nanny full time so I can be bringing in income while building up my photography business and I have a few potential families that I’m talking to currently, but I also have an opportunity to work with a photographer who graduated from Ball State a few year ago and is looking to expand her photography studio with a second photographer. I’ll have to weigh the pros and cons to see what will work best and how I can make the most of my time after graduating.
7. You may have noticed a new look to the blog recently. I was tired of the old look, it was a little too boxy for me, but I can’t really afford a custom design quite yet, so I found a decent ‘in-between’ solution! I purchased the Glitter and Lace theme from Viva la Violette and tweaked things a bit to make it work. It’s still not perfect, but it’ll do until I can afford to invest in custom design!
Check out more quick takes over at Conversion Diary!