I hear the cool kids abbreviate their titles. So welcome to 7QTs #28! Also known as “The Chicago Edition!”
I have quite a few photos to include this week, many from Chicago. I’m sure you don’t mind though and it helps me feel better about not having any photos last week! I know, I’m a terrible person…but in my defense I was in Chicago!
Speaking of Chicago…
1. I went to Chicago last weekend! In case you didn’t know…
This is the view from Navy Pier and it was gorgeous. We tried to visit as many touristy places as possible and Navy Pier was one of those places! The cityscape truly was beautiful and the sun setting was perfect as well!
The sculpture informally known as The Bean is another ‘thing to do while in Chicago’. It is very reflective and gorgeous. I take pride in my art history background and the knowledge that it is actually named “Cloud Gate” but…it really does look like a bean.
2. While in Chicago, I also managed to drink some delicious Caribou Coffee (better than Starbucks!) and lament the fact that there isn’t one in my hometown.
3. Visited TopShop and bought a few bathing suits for my honeymoon! 2 1/2 suits for $12, now thats a major deal!
Not usually a huge fan of cats, but how cute is this shopping bag??
4. MOH Blondie and I went into Burberry to look around while we were shopping on the Magnificent Mile. There we both fell in love with this amazingly detailed sequin dress. The picture truly doesn’t do it justice. We stared in awe at its beauty for several minutes before risking a peek at the price tag. For the mere sum of $10,000, you can take this work of art home with you! I don’t think I’ll ever in my life get to a point where I can drop $10,000 on a dress and not feel guilty. Still, it’s fun to look!
5. We went to Mass on Sunday at St. John Cantius where they had an Extraordinary Form Latin Mass!
MOH Blondie and I on the way to Mass.
In the evening we visited the chocolate lover’s paradise, the Ghirardelli shop! They had a chocolate cafe bar where they sold all sorts of wonderful chocolatey things like sundaes and hot chocolate. Blondie and I each got a salted carmel hot chocolate and it was the most delicious drink I have ever tasted! The chocolate was so thick and rich and wonderfully amazing! I couldn’t get over how good it tasted.
6. Since I had to return my parents van anyway, I stayed home for the holiday and took my brother and sister to an ice skating party for their choir. I even skated a bit, though my ankles aren’t very strong.
Isn’t she cute? I made that hat a long time ago but it didn’t fit so I’m glad someone is getting some use out of it!
7. Isn’t this poster phenomenal? The FI has been collecting posters and artworks for us to put up in the apartment. I think it’s my favorite of all the posters he has ever ordered. Might have something to do with the eiffel tower, which is stalking me, hmm I don’t know.
More quick takes over at Conversion Diary!