It’s been a busy few weeks, so I haven’t had an actual 7 Quick Takes post in weeks. Sorry! But now it’s finals week and I think if I see another word in Spanish I might throw the computer across the room. So, blogging break!
1. Speaking of Spanish, I’m pretty sure I’m going to fail this final. I’ve been getting steady Ds on the tests and quizzes all semester. (Hey, it’s a HARD CLASS. I’M A GOOD STUDENT I SWEAR!!) It’s been stressful. I’ve done well in participation and the presentations so my overall grade is still passing, but I’m a pretty steady A student and this is the first class I’ve really had a hard time with so it’s been tough for me to handle. Perfectionist struggs. I’ve already decided that I’m going to retake the class next semester because even if I ace the final, I can’t get higher than a C in the class and well that’s just not good enough. Will I pass the class? Probably. Will ONE bad grade ruin my transcripts forever? No. Does my GPA really even matter since I’m not applying to grad school or trying to get a high paying corporate job? Probably not. Do I really have time for an extra class next semester? Oh heck no. Am I going to retake it anyway? Absolutely. With a different professor, of course. I know I’m crazy but at least I accept it, right?
2. Friday night the FI and I went out for a Luminary walk with his roommate and another friend. It was snowing and the pathways were all candle-lit. It was beautiful! We didn’t plan on it, but they had carriage rides. I had never been on one before so we waited in line for about 30 minutes to go. My toes were frozen, but it was worth it!
Apologies for the terrible photo quality, but it was dark, and this is what happens when you use flash.
3. Over Thanksgiving break, the FI picked up a copy of The Hobbit Extended Edition and we discovered that Blondie had not seen it yet. So of course, a movie night was in order.
4. The day after Thanksgiving I took a few of my siblings over to my aunts house to watch the ‘day after thanksgiving downtown decoration celebration’ also known as the Circle of Lights. In previous years, we actually went downtown to see it in person, but I decided that this year it would be more fun to just stay inside with a warm blanket and some hot chocolate. We actually got a better view anyway. Two of my young cousins joined us as well. It was fun, if slightly chaotic.
We’re surprised anyone ever lets us come over anymore.
5. I may get shot for posting this photo, but I paid for the food, so I think I have at least a little bit of justification, right? I took my oldest younger brother and sister (figure that one out, lol) to lunch at a local family restaurant because I had a Groupon that was expiring. The food was delicious and we got an enormous amount! All of us had leftovers to take back to the rest of the family so they didn’t feel left out.
I really enjoyed having lunch with just these two. They are 16 and 14 now and every time I come home, I’m shocked by how much older and taller they seem. It’s so not fair. My 14 year old sister is now barely taller than me.
6. We had our first big winter storm a few days ago and I was so shocked that we were getting this weather already….and then I realized that it was indeed december. And promptly freaked out because time. Or rather lack of time. Before Christmas and the end of the semester. Oy.
7. Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception! In case you didn’t know, December 8th is the actual feast day and is usually a Holy Day of Obligation. This year, since it fell on a Sunday, the Sunday celebration took precedence and the Immaculate Conception was moved to today, but it did not keep the Holy Day of Obligation requirement. The more you know!