1. There’s only four more weeks in the semester before finals week and I can’t believe that the semester has flown by so fast! To be honest, I’m not sure I’m ready for the massive amounts of pressure that come along with the end of the semester. I’m looking forward to the holidays though, for sure!
2. This weekend is the wedding shower that MOH Blondie and the rest of the gang is hosting for the FI and I. It’s sort of like a combined engagement party/wedding shower for all of our school friends because it’s not just for the girls, the guys are invited as well! I feel like such a slacker because I haven’t done anything at all related to the planning and that is so out of the ordinary for me. I trust MOH Blondie to take care of every detail, I’m just not used to being completely out of the loop. Surprises are hard for cholerics to handle!
3. For Halloween this past weekend, the FI and I went as Christine Daae and the Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera. I, for some reason, decided that it would be a good idea to sew my costume instead of just buying it. Well, it sort of worked out, even though I had a few rough edges that weren’t quite finished. I think we look pretty good!
Photo courtesy of Kelly Landers
4. We finally mailed out a large part of the Save the Dates and we just have to wait for a few more addresses before sending out the last few. I’m sort of frustrated by how long it has taken to get these out, but I know the invitations won’t take nearly as long because we’ll have all the addresses on file already. A word of advice to other brides, start gathering addresses as soon as you can because it takes a lot longer than you expect!
5. I registered for my last semester of classes this week. I’m taking a lot less classes than I’m used to, but I’ll be working on two final projects in addition to planning a wedding and figuring out how post-graduation life is going to go, so I don’t think there is any chance of being bored. I was originally disappointed because the class on Disney that I wanted to take as my last Honors elective class was full before I had a chance to sign up, but I got on the wait list and a spot opened up.
6. The weather has been spectacularly nasty this week, with lots of rain and wind. We finally had some sunshine, but of course, the clear blue skies meant that the temperature dropped quite a few degrees and the wind doesn’t help. I’m so not ready for this cold stuff yet.
7. It’s November, when did that happen? November is an awesome month though because it includes my birthday, Thanksgiving, AND Black Friday! Hooray for holidays!
Check out more quick takes at Conversion Diary!