1) This weekend is fall break for me and the FI, which is supposed to mean relaxing and catching up on sleep, but in our case means wedding plans, wedding tasks and wedding related meetings. Interestingly, my fall break has always coincided with my family’s annual camping trip. Why they thought it would be a good idea to go camping in October, I’ll never know, but at least this year, I have a legitimate reason for not going with them. Instead of just having the reason of “I’m not an insane person who thinks its a good idea to sleep outside when the temperature gets down to 40 at night.
2) The only drawback to not going with my family is that I have the house all to myself. This might not sound like a bad thing, but my parent’s house is big and old and creaky and overall spooky. And I’m an extrovert who needs people and stimulation. I guess that’s why they invented sitcoms! Thank goodness for television filler noise.
3) In addition to all of the wedding things on my to-do list this weekend, I’m also working on sewing my Halloween costume. I’m going as Christine Daae from Phantom of the Opera. I’m making a costume to look like the one from the Point of No Return song. Except significantly less revealing. And I’m coercing the FI into going as the phantom along with me. It’s a super easy costume, all he needs is a black suit, black cape and a mask!
4) As a result of his recent dieting success and weight loss, the FI has suddenly discovered a previously repressed desire to dress stylishly (who knew?) so he has been building up his friend and gentlemanly appropriate wardrobe. No more jeans and a t-shirt outfit for this guy! It’s funny to me that he went from being a guy who wore socks with sandals when I met him to a guy who wears boat shoes and sweater vests. Not that I’m complaining one single bit. I love having a guy who cares about style and design. How would you all like hearing from him time to time about men’s fashion and interior design?
5) My save the dates are 99% addressed! This project took entirely too much time, in my opinion, but I suppose I underestimated how long it takes to handwrite 100+ postcards. Once I get them mailed out, I can post our design and I can’t wait because well, I think it’s pretty awesome.
6) Invitations for our co-ed wedding shower for all of our friends from school were sent out last weekend. MOH Blondie and the bridesmaids are handling every detail, so I know nothing about it except when and where it is. All I have to worry about is what I’m going to where. (And that’s enough to worry about on its own!) The invitation is adorable though, so if that is an indication of what’s to come, I can’t wait!
7) This week’s weather has me going back and forth between cursing the bitter wind and freezing rain and loving that I can now wear sweaters, scarves and boots in the best colors in the world, lovely shades of brown, green, tan, cream, pink and dark red to match the colors of the trees and leaves around me.
Find more posts on Conversion Diary!