1. This week was rather uneventful, it mostly included homework, class and photo shoots (which are sometimes homework and sometimes fun). It’s that middle point in the semester where everything feels the same, you’re too far into the classes to have fresh energy and interest, but not close enough to the end to have that final push to finish everything and the only thing you really want to do is sleep for about a week straight.
2. I color coordinated my closet. I wish I had a picture, because it is a glorious thing to behold. Now maybe since I can easily see where things are, I can actually wear all of the clothes I own instead of the same 10 things over and over in different combinations.
3. I went out for froyo with my former roommate after a photo shoot for class. She so kindly agreed to be my model, so I treated her to some pumpkin flavored frozen yogurt. Her description was perfect. “It tastes like fall!”
4. This weekend was homecoming, which I have never really been too interested in, but one of the pre-homecoming events is a lip syncing competition called Air Jam. I had never been, so as a senior, I figured it was about time.
Let me just say that I have never before been so glad that I did not join a sorority when coming to campus.
The rules banned twerking, but some of the groups all but ignored that. The music was good though and I was introduced to a few new good songs, so that’s always a benefit.
5. Thanks to two of the groups at Air Jam, I’ve been obsessed with this song from the group Pentatonix. Mashups, acapella, what more could you want? It’s been stuck in my head in various forms for days.
6. The only other homecoming event I attended was the parade. I’ve seen the parade before so I probably would have skipped, if it wasn’t for the fact that our very own BM Bubbly was chosen to be on the homecoming court and got to ride in the parade like a fancy person! It made it all worth it.
7. The rest of my weekend involved a sleepover visit on saturday night from MOH Blondie, who delivered invitations for the upcoming wedding shower with all of our school friends, and a mini road trip to the big city for Mass in the morning!