1. This week has been much better than last in terms of being busy. I’m finally starting to get into a nice schedule and feeling a bit more organized, which is always nice! I’m almost to the point where I can accomplish some of the things that I want to do around my house like crafts and cooking and other fun domestic pursuits!
2. An Ulta store has opened up in town, which is a wonderful and glorious thing in my life! I took advantage of a 20% off VIP coupon that one of my housemates had and purchased a perfume gift set that may be my wedding perfume. I have another contender for the position, and I have to see which one my FI has a stronger reaction to.
3. I may have the opportunity to use the twin-lens reflex medium format camera, that FI surprised me with last year, for my color photography class this semester, because the old 35mm Minolta that I got for free and had been using for my film classes bit the dust during my project last week. I scrambled to find a camera to finish the project, but if I can use the medium format for my next project, it would be wonderful.
4. I am finally, FINALLY ready to address Save the Dates. I have 90% of the address on my list and I just want to get these things out. Once I am ready to mail them, I’m going to tell them “Fly away, little Save the Dates! Be free!!”
5. My second pair of wedding shoes from DSW arrived, a size 5.5 since the size 6 was too loose and turns out that the 5.5 is much too small for my feet. So I guess I need a 5.75. Too bad they don’t make that size! I could order the size 6s again and see if I can tolerate the roominess, but I’m almost ready to just scrap this pair and keep searching for the perfect pair. I know it’s out there somewhere!
6. My Etsy purchases have been rolling in, with my garter being the first to arrive. Sadly, the ‘grey’ was more of a taupe/greige and too warm for my wedding color scheme. As it was shipped from Turkey, I figured it wouldn’t be worth the return shipping to send it back. I wanted to let the seller know that the color didn’t match the picture though, so I sent her a quick message letting her know that it wasn’t the color I had wanted but that I wouldn’t bother sending it back. To my complete surprise, she offered to make a new one for me so that I could have a garter that I loved and be happy on my wedding day. People like that give me hope for the world. I chose a new design that is ivory and navy and I can’t wait to receive it!
7. My second Etsy purchase to arrive is my sister’s flower girl dress. She is doing double duty this year as my cousin’s flower girl in a few weeks and then my flower girl in May. To minimize cost, we chose an ivory dress and ordered two sets of sashes and flowers in our respective colors. The dress arrived this week and it fits like a glove. Which will be wonderful for the September wedding, but I’m thinking that it’s too much to hope that a 6 year old girl won’t grow any in 8 months. I only hope that if she does grow, my mom can use her seamstress skills to give a little bit of extra room in it. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the colors of the sash and flower for my wedding and my sister loves the dress, so we’re all happy!