Hello everyone! This week has been absolutely insane for me as I’m trying to get my schedule for this semester sorted out. Plus I’ve been gone the past few weekends and not really had any time to spend at my house so that’s sad. Nevertheless, I keep forging on!
1. Last weekend I went on a trip to Lousiville for my cousin’s bachelorette party. It was an experience for sure! We rode a 17 person trolly-bike around in 90 degree weather which was mental in my opinion, then we went to the hotel for the typical bachelorette games and such. For dinner we went to an Irish restaurant and then we went out to Fourth Street Live. I got plenty of ideas for my own bachelorette party next year!
2. The long weekend meant I had an extra day to spend at home after the bachelorette party was over, a nice treat to have the chance to relax for just a bit!
3. I started working my work-study job this week at a day care. I work super early in the mornings, which means for much less sleep, but at least i’m getting paid now! Paychecks are always a good thing.
4. I bought some shoes from DSW.com since they had a clearance sale going on, all size 6s, and none of them fit. Sad face. Apparently I’m more of a 6.5. Except in the shoe I want to wear for my wedding shoe, that one I’m like a 5.5. Who knew?
5. Speaking of weddings, my wedding dress is here!! I got a call from Sophia’s on Thursday that it came in, about three months sooner than expected! That really made my day a billion times better. I’m just so excited to actually have it, THE dress that is actually mine, that I’m going to wear! Eek!
6. I learned of the existence of a thing called a chocolate martini and now I am set on finding a recipe for one. The fiancé is highly interested in building up his liquor cabinet so I was able to convince him to share a bottle of Godiva liqueor with me. Delicious!
7. There has been a spider problem at my house this week and last, with not one, not two, but three GIGANTIC spiders taking up residence on our back porch at different times this week! My wonderful fiancé took care of one, we collectively killed the other, and one left on it’s own, which is actually more scary than the ones that we killed.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Here’s to busy lives!