Hello everyone! I didn’t fall off the face of the planet or any other sort of calamity. No, I just moved in to a new house and started my senior year of college, that’s all! It’s been far too long since my last friday update, so I may have more than 7 things in the post, but you’ll forgive me, I’m sure.
1. As previously mentioned, I moved into the new four bedroom house that I am sharing with three other lovely ladies this year. My room is still in shambles (thanks IKEA! 😛 ) so I won’t be posting any photos quite yet.
2. I survived the first week of my senior year! Now I just have to get through all the rest. Oy.
3. I *think* I found my wedding shoes! As long as I can find the right size, I should be okay. They’re beautiful and not nearly as expensive as the first pair I found, so that’s good.
4. I finished my summer nanny job and I miss the kiddos so much! I truly didn’t want to come back to school this year because I was enjoying my summer far more than I enjoy my time at school. I wish I could go back to school and stay in Indy at the same time. This city girl can’t stand being in Funcie Muncie for too long. I guess it’s good that I have a lot of reasons to go back this year. Like wedding stuff. Mainly wedding stuff.
5. I made it into the Modern dance class I was aiming for. I’m just auditing, but that’s okay because it means I get to dance without having to worry about getting a good grade and having it affect my GPA at all. Dance classes are NOT easy A’s.
6. I’m singing in the choir again this year and I am extremely excited! Except for the fact that the director made me an Alto 1 this year. I’ve never been an Alto before in my LIFE! Well, I’ve sung Alto in church choir, usually because everyone else just wants to sing the melody. But never in a larger choir. I’ve always been a Soprano or Soprano 2. Who knows, maybe it will work out? And maybe I’ll be begging him to make me a Soprano 2 after about two weeks. We’ll see how it goes!
7. Spanish is still going to kill me. But I might actually learn something this year. My professor for this class is a lot easier to understand than my previous professors. So that should be slightly helpful.
8. My cousin is getting married in September so I have the chance to see how she plans everything and what she does for all her pre-wedding events and such, and then learn from her! Her bridal shower was two weeks ago and you can see my outfit for the day. Also, we are both having my youngest sister as our flower girls. Since we happen to have the same taste in little girl dresses, we decided to see if we could buy one dress and have her wear it for both weddings, saving my mom the cost of buying two dresses. The complicating factor is that most bridal salon dresses take about 10-12 weeks to come in. We have about 4. So that wasn’t going to work out. After many phone calls to bridal salons and other dress places, I found a shop on Etsy that sells custom-made flower girl dresses. We found a style that we both liked, ordered it in her wedding colors and ordered an extra sash and flower in my wedding colors. Even with an addition charge for a rush order, it was cheaper than buying a dress from a bridal salon. I’m always nervous about buying online and not being able to see what I’m getting, especially on such a tight deadline, but I’m hoping it all works out in the end!
9. I also ordered my reception dress from a lady on Etsy who sells custom made vintage style dresses and I’m anxiously awaiting mid-production photos! I took a dress style that she had listed and made a few changes to it, like adding cap sleeves and raising the neckline and back. I think my second dress may arrive before my first dress does, but either way I just can’t wait to actually have them in my possession!
10. The ladies have chosen a dress and have begun the process of getting measured for their dresses. It will take about 12-14 weeks for their dresses to arrive and I have about three more months to wait for mine, so they should both be arriving just in time for winter break. Which is perfect for picking them up and starting the process of alterations. Yay!
Well, I think that’s enough updates for now, as I’ve probably overloaded your brains with all of the information! Find more 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!